Week 13 of Italy’s Serie A will be featuring some very interesting match-ups: in particular Roma-Lazio, Napoli-Milan and Sampdoria-Juventus. Below is the list of Top 10 Strikers to pick for Fantasy Serie A.
1) Mauro Icardi: it looks like his knee injury was really minor and will not cost him any time thanks to the international break. He has scored 11 times in 12 matches: he is basically a must pick every week, this one in particular against an Atalanta team that has been unconvincing on the road.
2) Simone Verdi: he is coming off an historical performance against Crotone as he was the first player to score two free kicks in the same game with different feet in the history of Serie A. Bologna are struggling but the match-up, against Hellas Verona, could not be cosier. He will have to shoulder a bigger offensive load due to Di Francesco‘s injury.
3) Giovanni Simeone: he scored a beautiful header against Roma, the toughest defence to crack in Serie A. Spal are solid at home, but Fiorentina have scored in all but one of their last five away matches and he is the leading candidate to find the bottom of the net. They will have Cyril Thereau back in full form, which always helps.
4) Lorenzo Insigne: Milan had trouble this year against top team, as they lost to Juventus, Inter, Roma and Lazio. Napoli did not score against Chievo Verona, but they are more than likely to regress to the mean as they have the second best attack in the League.
5) Gonzalo Higuain: the opponent is difficult, as Sampdoria have won in all five home games so far, but he has scored in his last three games and, when El Pipita is in peak condition, it does not matter who the enemy is. He is coming off a stress-free international break.
6) Edin Dzeko: Lazio are obviously a very worthy rival, but the Bosnian has been on fire to start the season and he always has plenty of opportunities to score as Roma’s main reference point upfront. He has scored seven goals so far.
7) Fabio Quagliarella: the veteran striker has had a marvellous start of the season, tallying seven goal in 11 appearances. Juventus are undefeated on the road, but they have conceded seven goals in five matches and exes always tend to score to their former teams. In Quagliarella’s case, that’s half of the league.
8) Adem Ljajic: the Serbian has been one of the most consistent contributors even when Torino were not playing particularly well. He has not skipped a beat despite returning to the left winger position, where, only in theory, he is less involved in the build-up of the action.
9) Maxi Lopez: he has scored only twice so far, against Sampdoria at Dacia Arena, but Udinese host Cagliari, which have been dreadful on the road so far and have conceded 13 times in five away games.
10) Diego Falcinelli: Benevento have showed signs of life recently, but they lost every game and they have been so leaky. Falcinelli has been disappointing so far, but he scored against Napoli three weeks ago and that could be a confidence boost.
Join the best players at www.fantasyseriea.com