Here are Serie A’s Fantasy Picks in every position for Week 13. The suggested formation is 3-4-3.
1) Goalkeeper: Alex Cordaz. There are no slam-dunk match-ups this week, where one of the top clubs hosts a lowly team, so Cordaz becomes an interesting pick. Crotone are in good form, as they have won their last two games, and Genoa have scored in only one road game so far. The variable could be the change of coach at the Grifone, with Davide Ballardini replacing Milan Juric.
2) Defender: Milan Skriniar. Consistently one of the top performers in his position, he could take advantage of the game against Atalanta, which have yet to win on the road. Inter have the third best defence in Serie A scoring-wise.
3) Defender: Aleksandar Kolarov. In this case, the match-up is rather difficult as it is time for the Roma derby, but he has some bonus potential. He has scored twice and dished four assists so far and he has stepped up in big games.
4) Defender: Lorenzo De Silvestri. Torino might be able to garner a clean sheet against Chievo Verona at home and the right back’s strong play this season has made the departure of Davide Zappacosta more tolerable.
5) Midfielder: Dries Mertens. He needed a break after playing basically every minute in the last month or so. He will spearhead Napoli’s attack against Milan, which have shown to have a glass jaw in the more demanding games.
6) Midfielder: Joao Pedro. Cagliari are not a road team by any stretch, but at least they are playing better under Diego Lopez. The coach has been doing funky stuff with the lineup, but Pedro should be featured constantly, also because of his ability as penalty taker. Udinese have sneakily the third worst home defence so far, so this could be an high scoring game.
7) Midfielder: Marco Benassi. He has scored in three of the last four games and he has looked rejuvenated since moving back to his natural position. Fiorentina will travel to Ferrara to take on Spal this Sunday.
8) Midfielder: Rodrigo De Paul. It looks like he is making the leap and has become the leader of Udinese. Cagliari have been pretty bad on the road so far and they have conceded a ton of goals.
Join the best players at www.fantasyseriea.com